Follow this steps to make great bratwurst sausage...
- 3 Ft small hog casings (1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 1½ lbs Lean pork butt, cubed
- 1 lbs Veal, cubed
- ½ lbs Pork fat, cubed
- ¼ tsp Ground allspice
- ½ tsp Crushed caraway seeds
- ½ tsp Dried marjoram
- 1 tsp Fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
1. Prepare the casings.
2. Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade of the grinder.
3. Mix the ground meats and grind again.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into four- or five-inch lengths.
6. Refrigerate for up to two days. The bratwurst can be pan fired or grilled over charcoal.
Try it......amazing taste !