Bratwurst Sausage, Ricotta and Mozzarella Lasagne Recipe
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1-1/2 pounds crumbled sausage, sweet or hot
* 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 (28-ounce) jar tomato sauce (or homemade)
* 1/2 cup dry red wine
* 15 ounces part-skim ricotta (about 2 cups)
* 1 large egg
* 12 (7 by 3-1/2-inch) no-boil lasagne pasta sheets
* 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Prepare the ziti pasta according to the package directions.
In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium high heat. Stir in the flour. Cook until golden brown. Add the milk to the flour mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg and Parmesan cheese.
Drain the pasta and pour into a large 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
Add the marinara sauce, the white sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese to the pasta. Stir well. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until bubbly. Turn on the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes to make a crispy top crust. The bratwurst sausage recipes is ready to serve...enjoy !