Great bratwurst sausage recipe to try....!
Bratwurst Sausage Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 feet small (1 1/2 inch diameter) hog casings
- 2 pounds Lean pork butt, cubed
- 1 1/2 pound Veal, cubed
- 1/2 pound Pork fat, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt, or to taste
Prepare the casings. Soak the casing about an hour in cold water to soften it and to loosen the salt in which it is packed. Cut into 3 foot lengths, then place the narrow end of the sausage stuffer in one end of the casing. Place the wide end of the stuffer up against the sink faucet and run cold
water through the inside of the casing to remove any salt. Roll up the casing you do not intend to use; put about 2 inches of coarse salt in a large jar, place the rolled up casing on it, then fill the rest of the jar with salt. Close tightly and refrigerate for later use.
Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade of the grinder. Mix the ground meats and grind again. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix
thoroughly. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into six inch lengths. Refrigerate for up to two days or freeze. The bratwurst can be pan fried or grilled. Yield: 3 1/2 lbs.
This great spicy bratwurst sausage is ready to serve....great taste ! Enjoy it !