- 5 large Shallots
- 1½ tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 8 cup Chicken stock
- 2 small Pippin or Granny Smith apple
- ½ pounds Bratwurst
- ⅓ Napa cabbage head
- ½ teaspoon Caraway seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare ingredients: Peel and trim shallots and separate into sections. Peel apples, cut into eighths, and core. Cook bratwurst, halve lengthwise, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch wide pieces. Halve napa cabbage and shred.
2. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook shallots in oil and butter over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add 2 cups stock and cook until nearly all the liquid has evaporated, about 17 to 18 minutes.
3. Add apples and cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute. Add remaining 6 cups stock along with the bratwurst, cabbage and caraway seeds; cook until sausage is heated through and apples are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.... The bratwurst sausage recipe is ready to serve...nice and great taste ! Enjoy it !