Try this great bratwurst sausage recipe ...the German farmhouse-style bratwurst..NICE !
- 1 cup Fresh white bread crumbs
- ½ cup Milk
- 2½ pounds Lean veal, preferably shoulder, chilled
- 2½ pounds Pork belly or fatty pork butt, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Plus 2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground white pepper
- 1½ teaspoon Freshly ground nutmeg
- 8 Yards prepared casings, about 4 oz.
In a small bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk. Grind the veal and pork belly together, first coarsely and then finely. Place th meat in a large bowl. Add the salt, nutmeg, white pepper and softened bread crumbs. Mix well with your hands until thoroughly blended. Working with about one-quarter of sausage filling at a time (cover the rest and refrigerate the remainder). Stuff the casings loosely with the sausage filling. Pinch and twist into 4 inch links. Refrigerate the first ones
while doing the rest. To cook, prick the sausages all over to prevent the skins from bursting. Place as many sausages in a skillet as will fit in a single layer without crowding. Pour in about one-half inch of water, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Pour off any liquid. Add butter to the pan and cook uncovered, turning, until the sausages are evenly browned. .about 10 minutes.
Then this great Germans bratwurst sausage recipe is ready to serve.....amazing taste ..!