Bratwurst Sausage Mozzarella Supper for a Crowd Recipe
* 12 pounds rigatoni pasta
* 20 pounds bulk Bratwurst sausage (may substitute sliced links)
* 3 gallons spaghetti sauce
* 4 large onions, chopped
* 8 cloves garlic, minced
* 16 cups sliced fresh crimini mushrooms
* 1-1/2 quarts tomato juice
* 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 Tablespoon dried basil
* 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
* 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
* 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
* 5 pounds mozzarella cheese, sliced
* 8 pounds mozzarella cheese, shredded
Cook rigatoni pasta in salted water until a little bit firmer than al dente. Drain.
Brown BRATWURST sausage in batches until no pink color remains. Break it up slightly as you are cooking the sausage, but leave some larger clumps. Drain.
Place sausage, spaghetti sauce, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomato juice, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large stockpot and stir to combine.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Divide half of the pasta equally amongst large baking pans, filling 1/3 full (reserve other half for second layer). Equally distribute half of the sausage spaghetti sauce (reserving half for second layer) between the pans. Top with sliced mozzarella cheese. Repeat the pasta and sauce layers. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese and cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and return to oven. Bake an additional 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. The bratwurst sausage recipe is ready to serve...nice !